Thursday 14 February 2013

Things I Love!

We've purchased four things lately which I absolutely love and have to share!

Firstly, my yarn bowl which I bought from Little Wren Pottery on Etsy. I searched for a long time to find a UK supplier and I definitely made the right decision. This yarn bowl is beautifully made and looks lovely on my little side table with my current project and needles in. It is useful as well as stunning and even when the yarn i'm using is too big to spin in the bowl, it still stops the cat chasing it along the floor and it then picking up cat hair. A fantastic purchase and a bargain for a handmade item at only £15. 


Next on the list of loves is our new tea drawers. Henry spotted these on a trip to TK Maxx and thought they would be perfect for displaying all my teabags in our lovely new kitchen. I did the labels myself with a set of alphabet stamps and brown kraft card and we really love the vintage look it has. 


The reason we made the above trip to TK Maxx was to purchase some kind of large but attractive box to store all of the wedding magazines and paraphernalia that was taking over our living room. Unbelievably we found the box below which was perfect - being not only the exact right size, but the matching partner for the two other smaller boxes which I bought from TK Maxx nearly three years ago and currently store my knitting and buttons! It had a broken clasp and had obviously been sat in a back room waiting for a clearance sale, talk about meant to be! We plan to use of of the smaller ones to store cards at the wedding so it was just amazing to find it's matching mama!


The final thing we bought was only little, but a very important piece of kit for a tea lover! I found it online on Mollie & Fred and thought it was just perfect for me, as Henry is constantly making comments the amount of teabags I get through. He created the below picture to show my acceptance of the challenge set and we now have no more teabags clogging up the sink. I love really love the Brightside products, we now have the calendar too and I am hoping for more in the future!


Ah, I have just remembered one final purchase which I absolutely love and must share! In the wedding box picture you may notice a small set of panda's... they are highlighters and I found them in paperchase whilst waiting for a train at Kings Cross. This is a regular occurance these days, I am just extrememly grateful they opened the new station and I have lots of lovely shops to browse in when I'm stranded!


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment